From:
Valerie Mcclain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 09:13:13 -0700
Barbara,  I, who prayed for Hurricane Floyd to go away--living on the
eastern coast of Florida, pray for all of you who have suffered its
wrath.  Irony of ironies, my area has been suffering from drought and
Floyd rained very little here..high winds, though.  Out of adversity
comes opportunity..so I think it wonderful that you have the opportunity
to talk about emergency relactation to the media.  I think you probably
know all the right things to say.  I could only add--having relactated
without a breast pump--that relactation is possible without having
access to a breast pump. Moms in hard hit areas may not have access to
breast pumps.  Putting the baby to the breast(skin-to-skin) is the most
important thing to do.  Best wishes and prayers to all of you who were
impacted by Floyd.  Valerie W. McClain, IBCLC   Edgewater, Florida.--
who spent two days with a saw cutting down my favorite tree which had
half-way toppled over my fence and into my neighbor's yard.  My neighbor
thinks I ought to make tree surgery my profession... said I did a better
job then most of the men she had seen. Do they have a Treenet I can
write to?