From:
Sharon Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 04:12:16 -0400
Dear Lucy,

Absolutely nothing against Kitty - perhaps you misunderstood her - but
that's not a new discovery.  Many of us have seen and discussed this for a
long time and Tina Smillie has been presenting at conferences about it for
the last couple of years.  But I think that it is great that she has it on
her new DVD - I was hoping that she would start updating her stuff. In fact,
I think that Tina recommended Kittie's DVD. Kittie was such a pioneer at the
time when I was first getting started in lactation.  She made the connection
between latch/positioning and nipple soreness and saved countless mothers
from preparing their nipples with rough towels. At my first ILCA conference
I won a set of her tapes - what a thrill and I still have them and the
poster set she published at the same time. Anyways, it just goes to show
that there is always something new to learn, no matter how long you have
been in this field.  Which is why continuing education is so important for
everyone in this field.

Going to bed now.
Sharon Knorr, IBCLC