From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 20:47:36 -0700
Mary Kay Smith said:  Of course the mom's milk "dried out" when she
was 7 months pregnant. the
milk reverts back to colostrum, getting ready for the newborn. If she
was pumping at 7th month of pregnancy, she is lucky she didn't go into
preterm labor.

*************************

If a woman nurses through a pregnancy, her body rarely responds to the
prl from nursing by causing preterm labor.  It can be really tough to
start labor by allowing unlimited nursing or by pumping.  Lots of
women have tried.  <g>  Don't know if there are any studies on it, and
don't know where my dh put my search program for NIH these days.  (a
computer scientist spouse always changes the computing environment.)

Recently I have heard, anecdotally, that some women don't return to
colostrum only.  I, otoh, was informed by several nurses after the
birth of my second that I still had milk.  I didn't and prior to that,
I had very little, salty milk.  Tasted *nasty*.  But the elder didn't
complain.

==

Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (11-23-94) and Sage (4-13-97)
Palo Alto, California, on the West Coast Home page- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/
mailto:[log in to unmask]