From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:45:55 -0500
Please don't leave us ---- take a vacation and then return.  In the meantime, two bits of
Manhattan trivia for you to enjoy about how breastfeeding manages to happen in spite of
our overscheduled frenetic intervention-oriented lives.

In my son's Tae Kwon Do class I was talking to a mom who turns out to be a teacher in a
private boys school.  When she found out what I did she had to relate a story about her
colleague who had thought she locked the door when she was pumping.  A seven year old
boy burst in without knocking, asked her a few quick questions not even batting an eyelash
at the fact she was pumping and left.  Terrified of the repercusions, the teacher called the
boys mother who told her "Oh he sees that around here all the time".

Tonight at the parent teacher conference, I read the door on the Pre-K class across the hall.
The Pre-K class is studying what babies do.  The only mention of babies feeding was
"Babies drink milk from their moms".  NOT A BOTTLE IN SIGHT anywhere in their
quotations or drawings.

Just think ----- here in baby nurse land.

Best, Susan  Burger