From:
Christine Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:35:52 -0500
I want to thank everyone who has responded on the list and privately for all your ideas.

Diet and gut health seem to be the main focus. My daughter is now avoiding any corn product. If there is no change in a week she will go gluten free. The link between gluten and PCOS is very intriguing. I had not heard that before.

She is learning about improving gut health. It's all a little overwhelming for her because there is so much information available and at times conflicting.

The focus had been on her son having reflux and how she can alter her diet to help him. What became clear when a previously asymptomatic child reacted to her milk was that it was something going on with mom!

I believe that now she is focusing on her own health, both mom and baby are going to benefit.

Several people wondered if the other baby was simply reacting to getting breastmilk by bottle. He has been getting his own mother's milk by bottle with no problem since he was a week old so that wasn't an issue. Also, come to find out, the milk he reacted to the most was from before she had started her elimination diet. More confirmation she is on the right track with dietary changes.

There is a very good chiropractor in our area who works with babies so they both are going to be seeing her also.

If anyone has reliable resources to learn more about improving gut health it would be greatly appreciated. Now that she knows how many supplements have corn and soy in them she's nervous about getting the right products.

Again, thanks for the generosity of your sharing and input.

Christine Young, IBCLC
Sacramento, CA