From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 16:13:41 -0400
Since I missed this year's ILCA conference (although Tom
Hale "took me there" for a few brief, shining moments) I have
been fondly paging through previous year's conference
materials. I came across a presentation given by Michael
Woolridge that speaks to repeated recent inquiries on
Lactnet:
"The Analysis, Classification, Etiology of Diagnosed Low
Milk Output". A tape was made of this session which is
probably still available through First Tape (anyone who
doesn't have the ordering info can email me, as I have
it...somewhere).

It is an interesting presentation of Dr. Woolridge's
observations. At the time he made the presentation, he
believed that interventions might improve production in
women who were producing 300 grams (>10 ounces) or more
per 24  hours; he found that levels of 150 - 300 grams per
day (~ 5 - 10 ounces) output were unresponsive to
interventions.

There was, of course, much more to the presentation. As
always, he provides a thought-provoking data.

Margery Wilson, IBCLC