From:
Helen Vermilya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:25:26 -0500
I was talking to the Nursery Nurse today as she just received a report on
serum glucose back from the lab on a baby that had meconium stained fluid.
I stated to her that I thought there seems to be quite a few babies that are
having glucose levels drawn because of meconium stained fluid. I have
decided that I want to see what percentage of births have meconium stained
fluid.  Maybe only seems like alot.  Also the percentage of babies, who have
their glucose level tested, that test hypoglycemic.
Have any of you noticed this within your hospitals or community.

Helen RNC IBCLC
PA