From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:44:04 -0800
Cathy:  Here, here...you are 100% right...it is criminal NOT to educate
patients on the full risks of deviating from what is biologically normal.
And, in case no one has said it lately, I still listen to and recommend your
tape from several years ago on the topic of guilt and not breastfeeding.
For those who don't know, Cathy and Kathy did a GREAT talk which detailed
health education campaigns and how health educators and other hcps don't
avoid the use of guilt with issues such as car seats, mammograms,
vaccinations, etc...they exploit it to their advantage.  One of my favorite
parts is when you said "They don't tell you that you might get in an
accident and your child might be injured...NO, they tell you that if you
don't put your kid in a car seat, you WILL get in an accident and you WILL
kill your child."   So there...
Thanks for speaking up!
-- Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]