From:
Alice Ernest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:28:31 EST
Just last month, I was honored and proud to have been given "professional"
courtesy when I took my son to the family doctor for possible appendicitis.
About four months ago, I saw him and his wife in consultation for sore
nipples (pacifier use).  I hope that Bill Sears did not use the term "mad
mommies".  I worked very hard to "pass" IBCLC and to gain the respect of my
medical community.  As I posted before, I use all of my hard earned money to
pay my way.  Thanx to all of you who posted to me privately.
I'm so proud of your support.  This is a great list!
Now I don't understand that it takes "courage" or "humility" to speak to
ANYONE regarding breastfeeding.  This especially includes the Sears!  I'll
speak with anyone at anytime regarding breastfeeding and/or the hazards of
infant formula.  Everytime I see a AIM salesperson in the supermarket, I let
them know that it was S****** that ruined my pancreas, my eyes, my skin, my
body shape.  I let the supermarket know who I am boycotting and why.  BTW,
the person who guessed the name of the spinach souffle made by an ABM owned
company wins a prize--an all expense paid oceanfront vacation--in Phoenix.
Would it have been more appropriate to honor the person who worked so hard
and got paid to put taurine in AIM or the PERSON who put taurine in EBM for
free?
My hope is that the Sears stop promoting AIM, stop violating the WHO code and
find a creative way to start working on what is the MOST important thing in
this world--breastfeeding support and the development of breast milk banks in
EVERY institution where babies are born.  That ALL babies may receive
mother's milk!  NO EXCUSES.

Alice Ernest IBCLC
Simpsonville, SC

"Udder milk for udder babies".