From:
Leslie Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 23:20:57 -0400
Well I am going to try to get this short note off, since it may be my
last for a while. The packers will be here on the 11th, but with no idea
what is going to be happening after that, I'm not sure how long it will
be until I am back up and re-subscribed to LactNet. (Hopefully no longer
than two or three weeks, I'm finally moving from Kentucky to Texas).

I too, want to add my Thanks and best wishes to Kathleen A. for
co-founding this wonderful resource. It is truely a rich and wonderful
asset to those of use who work with mothers and advocate for
breastfeeding.

On baby oil, with babies numbers 1 & 2, I too thought that the only use
for baby oil was to get a good sun tan. After living in Germany, I
discovered that actually it is meant to be used to remove creams (such
as Desitin) without having to rub baby's skin hard. In our house, baby
powder has only been used to decorate the house - I've never managed to
get rid of it before a toddler 'used' it.

My husband is a soldier (tanker specifically) and I know that he knows
more about breastfeeding than most of the people (male or female) around
us. He became hooked, when he saw how easy (and cost free) breastfeeding
was, but actually became interested when I was starting to study for LLL
certification and read the pamphlet 'Nursing Your Adopted Baby.'He was
amazed that such a thing was possible. He is not that eager about giving
out advice, but does tell everyone to come talk to me and he puts up
with my bumper stickers on the car. Better than my daughter (I'm using
her car until she returns from Japan next month), she insisted I just
tape it in the rear window. Oh well you win some and you lose some, if
she thinks I'm 'over the edge' right now, just wait 'til she is
expecting her first baby!!

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY