From:
Dawn Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:21:52 -0400
I have no current experience with this, but did pump when I worked full-time
with my first child.  Here are a couple of tidbits that might be helpful.

Regarding cleanup by employees using the pumping room:   What I wish I had
thought of (and what I suggest to all moms who will be pumping at work) is
to have extra sets of the breastshields/flanges.  Instead of washing
everything after pumping, which also takes extra time, just rinse the used
set and put it in a waterproof bag (like a zip-top plastic bag) to take home
and wash later.  Then use a clean set at the next pumping time.  This would
eliminate the need to have parts left out to dry.

I can see the usefulness of having a container of *unscented* wipes of some
sort...I don't see the need for the antibacterial version, but some
employers might.  I'm thinking basic unscented baby wipes or some disposable
towels that can be dampened so moms can wipe off tables/counters to remove
any stray drops of milk or crumbs from a snack that might have been eaten
while pumping.  Those two things (extra breastshields and disposable wipes)
would go a long way towards helping moms keep the pumping room clean, and
wouldn't take a lot of time away from pumping.

I was amused by a sign I saw in the kitchen at the International Hostel in
Chicago (some of the sense of it might not translate to non-Americans,
sorry):

YOUR MAMA
does not work here.
Please clean up after yourself!