From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:34:37 -0500
<<You cannot treat yeats only with herbs or drugs--you need to eliminate
certain foods--all sweets, all refined and processed foods, juice, most
fruits, esp those high in sugar like oranges, bananas, grapes, melon,
etc and cow milk products. >>

I have to throw in my support with this line of thinking.

5 or so years ago, I was on the Body Ecology Diet (anti-yeast diet).
There's a restaurant in Atlanta that serves BED food, there are support
groups etc.   Many many people had for years tried managing candidiasis
with drugs, herbs and other supplements with very little success over
the long term.   It was only through dietary changes that long term
results were achieved.   And ime, those dietary changes will vary from
person to person.

Some people will do great on a program like _Fit for Life_ which does
have large amounts of fruits, but guidelines about when fruit is
consumed.  Others may have to omit most grains and fruits - some may
have to do very very low carb overall. Others, dairy.

Interestingly, mine seemed to be linked to gluten intake - a link which
I can see clearly now that it's out of my diet.  I was on Fit for Life
for about 2  years, during which time my yeast issues cleared up even
though i was eating a tremendous amount of fruit.  My yeast infected
eczema also cleared.  I thought it was because I was off dairy, however,
what I didn't know at the time is that I was essentially off gluten as
well.

I had chronic thrush for nine months when my first daughter was 12-21
months.    Bleeding, ulcerated nipples.   During that time, I was dx'ed
with celiac.  I went gluten free, seriously, when she was about 18
mos.....she went gf at about 20 months, the yeast cleared up with one
dose of a homeopathic remedy, never to return again.

Sometimes my diet is great, sometimes I eat alot of high sugar/starch
gluten free crackers, cookies, cakes etc.  Interestingly, all of these
things would have triggered major yeast problems before, but don't
now.   For some reason, being off gluten is immunologically a huge issue
for me.  My theory is that my immune system was too busy attacking
gluten in my gut, and didn't have the resources to keep intestinal flora
in check.....?

katherine in atl