From:
Roni Chastain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:49:19 EDT
Hello Everyone,
With all this discussion on drugs in labor I felt I had to add my 2 cents.
Along with breastfeeding, this is my passion in life.  I have been on a
mission to change childbirth in this country for the last year. Women just do
not believe in their ability to give birth normally, they are fearful of the
pain, and they are the ones that are demanding the drugs. The doctors and
anesthesiologists are only to willing to give them the drugs.
I have started a letter writing campaign, directed at Oprah Winfrey. She
mentions epidurals every time she has someone who is pregnant on her show. She
is a very powerful voice in this country, I believe if she presented a show on
normal birth, people WOULD listen.
If anyone would like a copy of the generic letter to send to her show, please
email me privately. There is little power in one letter but if she got
thousands of letters, just maybe she would do a show on normal, drugfree
birth!!!
Thank you all for allowing me to vent. I apologize if this is not directly
breastfeeding related.
Roni M. Chastain, RN, LCCE, FACCE
Glen Cove, New York