From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:02:39 -0600
I personally experienced the "re-test" in 1998 after 10 years as an
IBCLC.  As I was part of the cohort of those in the "research" pathway,
we were instructed NOT to study. Of course, reading the current JHL
wasn't really studying was it? I personally found myself with a score 10
points higher than the first time, which I hope was  a reflection of the
time and energy invested in my career as well as the experiences I had
been part of. Just my .02 worth on this one. If I did have to study, I
think I would take the recommended reading list and choose from there.
You can't go wrong with the "benchmarks" of the field as well as the
current literature.
Best wishes to all of you...hopefuls and re-takers.
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC
Romeoville IL near Chicago