From:
Maurenne Griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:56:34 -0500
I think the my message about modeling parenting behavior got lost in the
commentary about Mr. Salt Mrs. Pepper and Baby Paprika not being mammals,
why don't they have the same last name, etc.

Kids in western society are modeled by grown ups and games like this that
mothering substitutes are more appropriate for soothing and calming them,
versus quality time and interaction with their loved ones (brothers and
sisters included).  Think about the sheer number of baby dolls with bottles
that are playthings for children today.  This is viewed as normal.  That
was the message that I also e-mailed to Nick Jr.  Blue never picked up Baby
Paprika and cuddled her.  Maybe I sound fanatical about this but my kids
loves Blues Clues, like a lot of other kids and I was disappointed.  I
talked about the other things that we could have done to make Baby Paprika
happy again with my 4 year old son and we were done.

I'll go back to lurking now.

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Manhattan, KS  USA
http://www.networksplus.net/griese