From:
Julie Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:06:30 EDT
I wanted to write with personal Reglan experience.  I am nursing an 11 month
old.
I work long hours as a doc and pump multiple times through the day.  I have
never had an impressive supply--likely due to the time away from my son.
Thankfully, though,I have been able to always keep up, with my devoted
stay-at-home-dad husband sometimes having to come pick up milk after each
pumping session.
Anyway, after a flu-like illness my supply plummeted, and after all
appropriate measures it was still minimal.  Fenugreek made only a tiny
increase.  So, I went to Reglan 10mg tid and my supply doubled, thankfully.
I realize that we cannot and should not rely on medication when often times
there are multiple reasons for supply deficiencies, but I was grateful to
have this option available.
Julie Wood, MD, IBCLC (just found out yesterday, thanks to Columbus Day!)