From:
George & Angela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:42:21 -0800
A big thanks to everyone who responded to my post about the woman who was subpoened as a witness. Things sure are different all over the world, eh.  We managed to arranged for her to do a video conference from the courthouse here in town, and she was quite relieved to not have to worry about packing up and travelling with her young baby, as well she didn't have to even address the issue of her baby crying for her while she was on the stand. She phoned me last night and let me know that they had settled out of court at the last minute, so she doesn't even have to do the video thing.....I also found out that here in B.C. it would technically be a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Human Rights of B.C. to force the mom and baby to be seperated if they didn't want to be(she had the right to take her baby into the courtroom, wether it is a "good" idea or not).  Thanks again to everyone.

Angela Grypma
Mother's Own Milk
http://ca/geocities.com/mothersownmilk