From:
Luann Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 07:34:17 -0400
I have been using the inverted syringes for some time - they
are NOT very easy to cut I agree. We now send a case of 20 cc
syringes to our engineering department as needed and let them
chop them off with some unknown piece of equipment. The edges
come back relatively smooth and look more professional, plus
since they are readily available the staff will now use them
instead of a immediately reaching for a pump. One mother did
require a 50 cc!!!
syringe due to the size of her nipple, but ususally 20's work
best. As for the legalities of using these - all this risk stuff
makes me crazy, how 'bout you? As long as we stress cleaning
properly, I can see very little risk.