From:
SPURLOCK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 00:28:57 -0400
Dear Fellow LC's,
I am currently the only supplier/renter of auto-cycling, double breast pumps within 50 miles.  Our population is over 50% Medicaid, but Medicaid does not currently reimburse for rentals, supplies or lactation services unless you are a Pharmacy or DME.  I have requested special permission to be able to bill Medicaid based on a lack of service providers in our area for pump rentals.  The original request to the State of WVa was denied, but I have an administrative hearing on July 29 for the final decision.  Have any of you Netters had success with Medicaid reimbursement-if so , how did you go about this. Any tatical suggestions for the hearing?

Grateful for Professional Support!

Carolyn Spurlock, RNC, IBCLC, ACCE