From:
"Patricia J. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:28:49 -0700
Sounds like you rescued the situation in the nick of time.  What did the
staff do in the meantime?  Do they know how to evaluate effective latch,
sucking, and swallowing?  Also, besides suck training, if I am not making
progress or running out of time, I call for a speech therapist consult in
hospital.  Also, mom and baby need follow-up of course, preferably in
person, and lots of info about wet and soiled diapers and when to call the
MD.
Good luck
Patricia Ellis RN MA IBCLC
New Jersey, USA