From:
Karyn-grace Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:18:14 -0500
Thanks, Laurie, for responding.

Would the anemia that you are talking about be iron deficiency or vit. B or
both?  Do you have any references?  This mom has said she is going to
supplement with folic acid...is that enough or should she be looking at iron
also?

Her plug and chronic fullness has 'broken' so-to-speak, due in my mind to both
a change in b/feeding management and to the homeopathic remedy
(phytolacca) that she took.

I expect this will not be the last she sees of plugged ducts and/or mastitis,
though!  She does not respond well to pumping, so emptying the breasts
before a feed would be arduous for her.  Further to that, are there any
documented cases of frequent hand-expression causing damage or bruising?

Thanks for the tip about how to deal the hcp's - now that her immediate
condition has been relieved, I think I'll have to wait until it happens again
before I contact anyone with my recommendations.