From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 20:28:27 +0300
Joanne asked about setting up a pumping area in the workplace.  The Texas
Department of Health has a one-page sheet called "Cost of Furnishing a
Worksite Lactation Room."  It lists the articles and cost of each item to
establish three different levels of a pumping room: Accommodation
Essentials (for about $80), Modest Accommodations (for between $370 and
$870), and Luxurious Accommodations (estimated cost of $1095).  It is dated
1995. I think this is a very helpful sheet.  Perhaps someone in Texas can
provide an address to write to for this handout.  I don't like to share the
whole sheet here without the permission of those who worked to put it
together.  Are any of you on Lactnet?  Could we share it here?

I think Texas Dept. of Health and Texas WIC have done some great work in
leading the way to help create a breastfeeding-friendly environment.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, WI