From:
Lynette Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:57:24 -0500
And I reply -- hey, of course!  That's why when there is any cancer around
male genitals, such as prostate cancer -- all is "lopped off!"  Immediately,
no questions asked.  It's called prevention.  -- what's the sign again for
tongue in cheek?  TIC?

When my husband found a lump in his right testicle it was "lopped off" less
than 24 hours after seeing the doctor.  The dx of cancer was confirmed after
lopping not before.  He also signed a consent to remove the left testicle or
to do a retro-peritoneal lymph node dissection (RPLND) if there had been
evidence of cancer mets.  Fortunately (!) it was "only" stage 1 seminoma.

As someone else already mentioned, perhaps there is something in this
woman's history that makes removal of both breasts advisable.  It sounds
horrific, but when one is staring cancer in the face, it is amazing how many
body parts one finds expendable.

Just my opinion and experience.

Lynette &Grant (3 years cancer free!)