From:
Andrea Tran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:19:19 -0700
The one thing that pushes my buttons is when someone says "I did this
(was fed formula, used a pacifier, jumped off a bridge) and I turned out
okay - or my kid did, or whatever".  As if that one instance refutes the
scientific based eveidence.  Especially with brestfeeding I hear it all
the time.  That is what offends me.  And I admit it makes me a little
irritated and want to tell someone they aren't letting thier IQ show
through (of course we know breastfed children have higher IQ's - so then
it makes sense) when they say something like that.

So Chris, YOU did not offend me.  I would like to think Lactnet is the
one place we can say breast is best without being attacked in any way
shape or form.

Andrea Tran, RN,  IBCLC
Boulder, CO