From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:01:53 -0600
>  Mom's question is that
> she has a freezer full of milk--but it is milk pumped while she was on
> dairy.
>  Is there some way to treat the milk?
Nope.  She could give it away, cook with it (but not for herself or
baby), or save it until this baby can tolerate it.
>  Any/all suggestions and comments
> welcomed.  My question is what is the composition of Nutramigen?  Is it
> not
> dairy based?
Alimentum and Nutramigen are less allergenic because the proteins are
pre-digested, and for some kids they are broken down far enough not to
cause problems.
>  Don't know if mom could handle a very strict diet.
Would she be willing to eliminate the top 8 allergens for a couple weeks
to see if it's something big?  If she can eat just whole foods, she
won't have to read any labels.

Lynn in MO
mom to a boy with multiple food allergies