From:
Jake Cipolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 01:52:11 -0500
Frankly, I saw this immediately as a no-brainer - if one is respecting
the Nestle boycott, one does NOT go.  I still feel this way but the
decision is a highly controverial one.  LLL says the hotel is not Disney
owned, only on Disney property.  LLL says it does not endorse (or
condemn) boycotts.  LLL says it made all the conference arrangements
before the current Disney/Nestle tie.  I raised this issue on a LLL
leader list and got flamed to a crisp.  LLL leaders are not to "mix
causes" in their capacities as leaders.  Well, as an individual who
respects the boycott, I am not going to the conference.   I also know
several other leaders who are boycotting.  But I am not speaking as a
leader nor do I represent La Leche League.  These opinions are my own.
(Have I disclaimed enough to spare myself further flaming from the
faithful followers?)

Jake, who still thinks that abm and breastfeeding are part of the same
"cause"

--
Jake Cipolla, retired lawyer, stay-at-home mom to Luca Antonio (7/26/94)
and Nicholas Liam (5/1/97), LLL Leader.