From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:30:03 -0500
Here is a note from the mother I was working with...posted with her
permission. What she doesn't mention is that she did have a virus of some
sort, with a bit of diarrhea and malaise, but she did not originally think
that played a part in her supply drop. We now think it may have had
something to do with it.

As of Sunday, my milk supply seemed back to normal, with fullness in
between feedings. I ended up taking Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle for a day
and a half, just for insurance, but stopped once I could tell things were
picking up. (I could also smell the Fenugreek on my skin.) I also used
breast compression, and nursed about every 30-45 minutes. My baby continued
to have 3 poops a day even during the day and a half when he wasn't doing
much swallowing and I wasn't feeling MERs. The vitamins I'm taking made it
difficult to tell the color of his urine. I know stress (panic) made the
situation worse, as it does with everything if life!
This whole 'ordeal' lasted about 5 days from onset to back to normal.
Thanks so much for your comfort and reassurance!

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://homepages.together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html
LACTNET Archives http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/lactnet.html