From:
Jparks1041 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:54:11 EST
Well the guy called from P***** C***** formula today!  We had a 10 minute
conversation about the ethics of their advertising in W**-M*** brochures and
circulars.  He was totally clueless as to the WHO recs and confused as to why
would I care if I wasnt an employee of WHO anyway!  Specifically we spoke
about the comparison (in chart form) of the ABM in question to other abm, as
well as human milk "analysis" (whatever that means).

He said they had had no other complaints...anybody want to back me up and
call?  He claimed he would review the "issue", confer with a committee on
ethics in advertising, and get back to me with their decision.  Here's the
number:
908-409-6293

I wish we could effect a change here, at least--this abm is using the most
disingeneous tactics I have seen so far by formula companies...and, in a
footnote to the chart, they clearly state that mother's milk, like the other
brands of ABM, is a competitive product.

Joy Berry-Parks
LLL, AR
Attachment Parenting Group of AR
Evolutionary-anthropologist-in-training