From:
Deena Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 16:46:22 -0400
Amount that you pump, from personl experience, can drop over time. Is she
using a hospital grade pump or the portable ones (we had previous discussions
about the pros and cons of both but I found around 8 months that I did not
get enough milk with the non hospital one and once I got the hospital one I
did fine. Another trick I used was to pump on breast while nursing on the
other. You get great letdown and save time. Mom can continue to offer solids
and even other liquids in cup to make up some of the missing milk while here
supply will go up and of course (ha ha) mom needs to get some rest.
--
*  Deena Zimmerman MD MPH                          *
*  Department of Pediatrics                        *