From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 13:08:00 +0000
There are parts of the world where cabbage is a staple in the diet (eastern
europe, China).  BF is also pretty standard in this part of the world.  I've
always wondered if colic is a major problem there.  My thoughts on odd foods
in diet:  if it is a regualr part of the mom's diet, no problem.  If it is
something eaten infrequently, maybe a problem.  I also think amount eaten,
mom's personal allergy or food intol. hx., and baby's age play a significant
part.  I don't blanket recommend eliminating any food.  Tell mom to eat what
she usually eats.  She ate it during pg.  Did it affect the baby then?  My
standard quote is that Mexican babies don't mind chili and Indian babies
don't mind curry - if it's what you usually eat it won't matter.  Also true
colic is a complex problem.  It is not usually solved by eliminating one food.
Pat Young in SNJ, USA