Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:36:35 -0500
Kudos to Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, NY! The medical director of newborn
services, Dr. Steven Gross, stated the following in an article/pictorial
about the hospital's neonatal ICU (NY has designated it a Regional Perinatal
Center for a 17-county region) in today's paper:

"We've done research that shows significant advantages for small preemies if
they get human milk versus formula. They tolerate it better, they grow
better and they have less infections."

And the most surprising thing I found out reading the article is that the
NICU operates the only human milk bank in New York state. Yeah :)

Pat W
wannabe LC