From:
Maria Paciullo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2012 01:20:42 -0400
On the issue of insurance reimbursement for lactation services--
Of course I would like to see mothers and babies getting the help they need, but I would also like to make sure that insurance companies pay appropriately.
I was just  now reading an interesting blog post.  One comment was that dentists typically make more than m.d.'s
A dentist replied that it is because most dentists are smart enough to refuse HMO's and are very particular when choosing to participate in PPO's.  She said that dentists looked at the pay per procedure and decided they couldn't afford the pay cut.  If insurance reimbursements are extremely low, it only makes sense to stay out-of-network.