From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 00:59:44 +0200
One of my important BF mentors when my first child was born had the
following experience:  On a car trip with family, she had been nursing her
daughter en route (this was nearly 25 years ago, before car seat legislation
where she lived) and as she was thirsty, asked her husband to pull over at
the next convenience store.  It wasn't near her home, but she still felt the
looks she was getting from the cashier and other customers were unwarranted
for being a stranger in those parts.  On returning to the car she found her
husband doubled over with laughter.  Only then did she realize that she had
stopped nursing a bit hastily to go into the store, and forgotten to button
up.
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway
where BF in public is very much the norm and M--D-----'s practically has a