From:
Lesley McBurney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 21:16:06 +1000

>I hae listed there the states for which we know some kind of legislation
>has passed re: breastfeeding.
>
>I want to amek sure that this listing is UP TO DATE. So, if you know of
>action that has occurred in another US state or in a Canadian province or
>Australian state or some other part of the world I am not thinking of,
>please write me privately and I will gather up such goodies and get them
>placed on our WEB page.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. In the state of Queensland,
Australia, breastfeeding is protected under anti-discrimination legislation,
in relation to "service" areas.
Basically this means that you can't be asked to leave a restaurant or other
public place because you are breastfeeding. but it does not cover private
workplaces.  In other owrds, if your boss says you can't breastfeed or
express milk (sorry - I hate the term "pumping", as it makes women sound
like petrol (gas) stations) on the premises because there is anot a suitable
place, then you have no recourse to the law.
At least that is my understanding of the legislation.

Lesley McBurney, Brisbane, Australia