From:
Eric/Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 18:49:40 -0600
Kathleen--
I am really enjoying Lactnet and want to thank you for saying you'd like to
stay true to your original vision of what this should be. I can get lots of
technical information from the journals but nothing as current and human as
appears here. The anecdotal information is very helpful, and is often stuff
that probably won't appear in the journals because of the anecdotal nature
(and lack of resources and time for further research).

Just as Maureen Minchin's book must have given many grad students and other
researchers ideas for thesis topics, I think this list will do the same.
It's current, extremely helpful to me as a very isolated LC, and friendly.
After doing battle with the doctors over on CompuServe's MEDSIG for 4 years,
I can tell you it is a huge relief to be able to come here and see
discussions about toddler nursing, bad days, and the wonders of breastmilk
without having to dig out all my references and start defending
breastfeeding and breastmilk. There were some great doctors over there, but
so many times the discussions were of the "Yes, but..." variety--very
wearing after awhile.
Leslie Ayre-Jaschke, BEd, IBCLC
Peace River Breastfeeding Clinic
Peace River Alberta, Canada