From:
Avi and Ditza Silverman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:19:16 +0200
Date: Tuesday November 25

Unfortunately a virus has been passed to me through an address book virus
which
also infected my address book. Since you are in my address book, you will
probably find it in your computer, too.

The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton of McAfee Anti-virus
systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the systems. It
is
sent automatically by 'messenger' and by 'address book', whether or not you
sent
e-mail to your contacts.

Basically, that means you will pass it along unknowingly, as I did. I was
sent this e-mail and am now passing it on to you as to how to check for the
virus and how to get rid of it. Please do this!
 It is very simple to do and takes about 3 minutes.

1. Go to start, then click your 'find' of 'search' option

2. In the folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe

3. Be sure to search your C drive and all the sub folders and any other
drives
you may have 4. Click 'Find now' 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the
name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT 6. Go to edit (on the menu bar) and choose
"Select all" to highlight the file without opening it 7. Now go to File (on
the
menu bar) and select delete It will then go to the recycle bin.

If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address book
so
that they may eradicate the virus from their own address book. 1. Open a new
e-mail message 2. Click the icon address book next to "To" 3. Highlight
every
name and add to "BCC" 4. Copy this message and paste to e-mail

Avi and Ditza Silverman
999-1175

Avi and Ditza Silverman
999-1175