Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:46:34 -0700
I have a client who had very low milk supply with both of her babies.  There was some question as to the possibility of pcos and gestational diabetes. She is a alternative health professional who refuses to get lab work done so we'll never know for sure. All the usual methods failed to increase her milk supply and she won't take domperidone or reglan. She flew from northern oregon to southern california where a Qi Gong professional told her to drink raw milk which she says has made a slight difference. I fail to see the correlation; does anyone else know of real information re: raw milk and milk production. Since we are the only species that drinks the milk of another species we probably don't need cows milk at all so I don't understand how it could help with human milk production.
Vicky York, IBCLC, CPD
Postpartum Care Services
Portland/Eugene
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/vmyork/