From:
Debbie Rabin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:43:44 -0500
Dear Debbie-

Great reply! I hope that general lactnet population will abide by Kathleen's
request to drop this subject. If it ever comes up again, I think it is
important to continue to emphasize as you did that circumcision is a basic
tenant in Judaism, that it is much  different from hospitl circs, and  much,
much, MUCH, different from femal pre-adolescent genital mutilation done in
Africa or asia. Perhaps by emphasizing that when done at eight days, the
mother's milk supply is already in and the baby probably has a good start on
breastfeeding. If he doesn't, it is more likely than not  that the
circumcision is not the reason for breastfeeding failure, because the timing
is off.

Please let me know if you received any personal anti-semetic replys to this.

Debbie Rabin, OTR, CLC
Los Angeles,  CA