Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:02:11 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
A bit late but just wanted to add in that vitex helped me immensely when this happened to me.  Walking was extremely painful - as was wearing pants!  I was nursing my youngest and starting perimenopause.  The Astroglide worked 10 x better than KY and while it seemed to be the last thing to do, sex did help.  The astroglide had to be reapplied often (my dh would say my body was soaking it up) and since we don't use condoms it actually helped the next day (there was some moisture to make walking easier).  Years ago one lubricant company did sell some applicators to apply the lubricant during the day for this type of dryness, but it was short lived on the market.  Maybe just finding a way of applying it may help with daily activities.  Once the vitex kicked in my days were more comfortable - since it balances hormones it didn't drop my supply.

On a side note it gave my friend a big laugh when we were discussing menopause when I said that vaginal lubrication is important for so many things you don't think about - like walking, driving and wearing pants.  We are finding ways to enjoy old age as it comes!

Felicia Henry, BCCE, IBCLC
Oxnard, CA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2