Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:22:54 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Oh and it's probably the person who contacted you about her Masters, but there's a presentation on bf in the ADF from ABA's international conference  online https://breastfeedingconference.asn.au/sites/breastfeedingconference.asn.au/files/Papers_Presentations/03_STEWART%20K_Bf%20in%20the%20defence%20force.pdf
Oh and I think that I made it clear that I was not criticising the mothers who work in sometimes extremely difficult circumstances in the US military but the policy and institutional environment that treats them so badly. The mothers have my deepest sympathies! 
Karleen Gribble
Australia

On 15/02/2012, at 9:13 AM, Robyn Roche-Paull wrote:
> 
> When I was researching my book I contacted (or tried to) as many female personnel from other countries militaries as I could so that I could include their information, and get a feel for what other countries are doing to protect and support breastfeeding for their personnel.  Among the replies I received was one from a mother who had served in the Australian Defence Force and was in fact working on her Master's.  Her thesis explored breastfeeding in the Australian Defence Force and how the lack of support made breastfeeding, and yes even breastmilk feeding next to impossible, as there were and still are no policies governing pumping, deployments, etc.  
> 
> T

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2