Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:42:26 EST
I am hoping that someone will have some knowledge about breastfeeding an
almost 12 month old, pregnancy and 1st trimester bleeding.  Does anyone know
if breastfeeding can contribute to 1st trimester bleeding?

Here is some info on my good friend.  My friend is currently nursing her
almost 12 month old and is pregnant and is having bleeding.  She has
quantitative blood tests and her results have been...
3/01 -- 97  3/05----781.7     3/15-----9,581    3/21---22,961.
3/27-----44,310

Spotting started on 3/19 and an ultrasound was done on 3/21 which found an
embryo at 7 weeks gestation, a gestational sac, yolk sac, heart motion and a
fetal heartbeat of 120.  Her EDD is 11/08/01  Ultrasound found no sign of
hemorrhage.

As of today 3/30 her bleeding is becoming heavier, baby nursed at 4:30 am and
had uterine cramping.

Has anyone heard of nursing causing 1st trimester bleeding?  Could she have
been previously been pregnant with twins and one twin died (mother was a twin
birth herself and her twin was stillborn) thus the bleeding?

 Has anyone here ever experienced this or know anyone that has had this
happen to someone?

Thank you ,
Chris Tharion