From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:54:56 -0800
HI All,
OK, here is one I really need some thoughts on right away.

My friend who had the twins was given a suggestion by her midwives to have
ME BF the babies several times so that they would figure out how to BF.  My
friends breasts and nipples are larger than mine and the size of her nipples
makes it a bit of a challenge for the babies to get a good latch.  Also, one
baby is fairly nipple confused, preferring to finger feed.  I am confident
that I could BF the babies with no problem (nipple to mouth size wise, if
you know what I mean) but am unsure if this would help her situation or just
throw in another monkey-wrench.  I cannot mmove in with my friend and BF the
babies around the clock - besides I have my own 2 yr old to BF several times
a day.  However, I can go over several hours a day to do this.

Please - I need your thoughts on this.  I have no problem doing this at all
- but don't want to confuse the babies any more than they already are.  The
midwives are really pushing the "get the babies to breast ASAP" thing, and I
really want her to just take her time - be patient, etc.

Help!

Jay

send to the list or e-mail privately      [log in to unmask]

Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."