From:
Kelly Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:02:44 -0500
This is simply my observations of the book on Amazon.com:

Amazon obviously does not let you see much of the book, but on page two
under "ten ways we can give our babies great starts" the first tip
is "Breastfeed your baby, if possible.  There is no formula or food in the
world that can replace breastmilk.  It is the single most nutritious food
for a baby. Plus, it boosts the immune system to protect against colds,
ear infections, and diarrhea.  And the closeness it provides for you in
your baby cannot be replaced. (see more about breastfeeding in chapter 7.)"

It  obviously pays lip service breastfeeding, but without being able to
read the entire chapter, I have no idea what actually says.  The birth
review also gives some idea as to the postpartum period, urging mothers to
breastfeed their babies as soon after birth as possible. That's the best
insight I can give.

-Kelly, LLLL-