Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 07:49:08 -0400
I just wanted to follow up on the issue of subsidiaries of Code
violating companies. I have had many inquiries about this as well as
the discussion on Lactnet seemed to cause some concern. As NABA is the
Code monitoring organization in the US and a few posts doubted my
competence and responsibility, I asked the International Code
Documentation Center in Penang (Code central) to provide a statement on
this issue, specifically regarding Lansinoh. I asked if the subsidiary
company is considered the same as the parent company, even if the
subsidiary made no products covered under the scope of the Code. Below
is their reply: