From:
Kika Baeza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:19:32 +0100
Hi!

OK, here it goes. A couple of months ago the editor of a baby magazine
got in touch with me. They wanted to give their magazine a new turn,
go outright into breastfeeding support, natural respected childbirth,
attachment parenting. So she asked me to do a monthly column on
breastfeeding and sexuality (I am an IBCLC and a sexologist). They
also asked Carlos Gonzalez, Luis Ruiz and Rosa Jove, very well known
defenders of bf, attachment parenting, etc.

So I sent in my first article for the february magazine last month,
and yesterday I went to buy the magazine (called Tu Bebe). Imagine my
SHOCK when I see the magazine comes with the promotional gift of... a
BOTTLE !!!!!!!!!

So here is my very nice article on LAM, signed by me, IBCLC, in a
magazine that is outright breaking the Code.

My first thought was to call them up tomorrow, tell them what I think
of what they have done, have them write an apology note in their next
number to all the people who bought the magazine, and tell them to get
me off the payroll at once.

But now I´m having second thoughts; not about telling them what I
think and about the apology note, but about staying on the team or
not. Here is the reason: if I go, they will get someone else and, I
dont want to imply that I am some kind of great writer, but
unfortunately there are not too many people that I would trust to
write about BF. I mean, you would have to read the junk and false and
out of date things about bf that these magazines usualy publish. Would
it be better for moms and babies if I stayed on?

To think I was so glad about this magazine s change!!!

So my question is, would it be unethical if I said to the publisher:
ok NEXT time something like this happens I am out?

Debate!!

Warmly from Spain,
Kika
--
Dra. Carmela Baeza
Consultora Certificada en Lactancia Materna IBCLC