From:
gonneke van veldhuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:38:56 -0800
I'd think that when feeding a toddler her breast tissue is going to be pretty much baseline right now. After all, lactation is the normal state of breasts, but the glands won't be as active as in the stages of full lactation.
As for a mammo taken just for the purpose of having a starting point: Is she at risk for breastcancer ? then taking mammo's will probably be fine, but weaning will not. If she's not at increased risk why bother to raising the risk by both adding radiation to the breast and wean from a preventive measure?

Warmly,

Gonneke, IBCLC in PP, LC lecturer, skeptical-practical thinker in southern Netherlands