From:
Roni Chastain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:06:46 EDT
Greetings,
I thought I would post an update on my friends daughter who had not breastfed
her 3 week old premature baby. She had been pumping but stopped more than one
week prior to seeing me.  After spending about an hour and a half in my home
with some assistance, she is now, breastfeeding exclusively!!!!!!  All it took
was a little support, encouragement and mom/baby did beautifully.

I was driving to work this morning, and I admit I listen to Howard Stern (it
makes the commute go faster!). He had a whole discussion with Sandra Bernhart
about breastfeeding. She said she stopped nursing at 2 months, he told her it
was better for the baby to nurse at least a year. He went on to say his wife
nursed all three of their daughters for about a year and a half. It was neat
to hear him talk about breastfeeding knowing he has a huge audience.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all those who passed the
IBCLC exam. HURRAY FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Hugs,
Roni M. Chastain, RN, LCCE. FACCE
Glen Cove, New York