From:
Carol Chamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:08:03 EDT
<< As we walked through the "family farm" exhibit, my son's friend pointed to
a mother pig and said, "Yuk!" Momma was grazing while all but 3 of her litter
were suckling. My son's response was classic, "What's wrong? They are just
eating while their mom is eating!"
I can't help but to add to this story....when my son was in kindergarten, I
chaperoned on a field trip to a farm place.  When we approached the pig pen,
other kindergarteners were watching mommy pig and asking the other adults in
the area "What's she doing?"  The other adults were obviously uncomfortable
with what to say, because they were not responding to the repeated questions
of these curious youngsters.  Well, as my son and I approached the mommy with
her piglets, my son proceeded to exclaim in a loud tone, "She's
breastfeeding!"  It was great!
Sincerely,
Carol Chamblin (My son is now 12 years old and takes phone messages for me.)
Breast 'N Baby Lactation Services, Inc.
Geneva, Il