Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 09:34:48 -0500
I am actually suspicious of this whole probiotics thing for formula.  I would love to see any REAL research that supports this that is not ethically challenged.  Like offering a procedure that saves lives to only part of the population and see how long someone can survive without.  Sounds Nazi-like.  Until we recognize as a society that breastfeeding or not breastfeeding is not a matter of choice (as if what you choose doesn't really matter) we will not approach breastfeeding research in a manner that garners best information. IMHO. If you look as breast milk as the ultimate probiotic, makes you even wonder why we give breastfed babies ANY probiotic that isn't mother's own milk.  And seems to me that ALL mothers should give their babies their own milk first, if any at all can be obtained and research should be directed at ALL mothers unless they have mastectomies, to obtain colostrum at least for their babies because there is no REAL substitute for mother's own probiotics!  And please spend some money on basic research all you companies that want to make money from mothers buying your "breastfeeding friendly" products so what you sell will ACTUALLY WORK and not just be an additional bell and whistle marketing gimmick!