From:
Susan Wiiliams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 14:18:42 -0700
I am a WIC lactation educator, a mom came in and stated she quit
breastfeeding secondary to her eye doctor's recommendation.  Doctor stated
her vision had deterioated due to the high level of hormones produced while
breastfeeding.  He stated he could fit her with a Rx now and when she
stopped breastfeeding he would have to change it again. Due to cost of RX's
she gave up breastfeeding.

I asked her for the doctor's reasoning but she could not respond. In
addition, I was unsuccessful at contacting the doctor,or locating any
information regarding this recommendation.

Please respond with reference information/articles.    Thank you.